Strategic Command: World War I Game Details
Title: Strategic Command: World War I
Developer: Fury Software
Publisher: Slitherine Ltd.
Release Date: 5 December 2019
Game Releasers: P2P
About Strategic Command: World War I Game
Relive the momentous conflict of World War I in Strategic Command: World War I, where you can mobilize your forces, develop new technologies, and engage in diplomacy and political intrigue to undermine the enemy and emerge victorious. Download the game for free now!
Strategic Command: World War I is a highly anticipated addition to the Strategic Command franchise, offering players the opportunity to relive the momentous conflict of World War I. From the opening shots of 1914 to the final offensives, this game covers all the major aspects and theaters of the war, providing an immersive and strategic gaming experience.
Developed by Fury Software and published by Slitherine Ltd., Strategic Command: World War I brings the Great War to life through its upgraded engine, which has been used in their previous successful hex-based World War II Grand Strategy games. This ensures that players can enjoy the challenges faced by commanders on both sides of the conflict.
One of the key features of the game is the ability to undermine the enemy's will to resist through diplomacy and political intrigue. Mobilizing your forces and developing new technologies and tactics are crucial in achieving victory. From tanks to aeroplanes, submarines to aircraft carriers, players have access to a wide range of new weapons that were introduced during this war. Researching and deploying these weapons is essential for success on the battlefield.
The game covers various theaters of the war, including the bloody fields of Flanders, the sweeping advances in the east, the fighting in Italy, the Balkans, and the Middle East. The strategic decisions made by players will determine the outcome of these battles. For example, can a German invasion of France capture Paris in a sweeping advance via Belgium? Can a naval blockade defeat the Central Powers? Will Russia succumb to revolution? These questions and many more will need to be answered by players as they navigate through the complexities of the war.
The flagship campaign of Strategic Command: World War I features France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, the UK, and the USA facing off against Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire. However, other countries such as Belgium, Greece, Portugal, and Romania may also enter the war on either side. The contribution of the British Empire to the Entente's war effort is not forgotten, highlighting the global scale of the conflict.
The game introduces new unit types, including ANZACs, Colonial Corps, and Mountain Corps. These units can move and entrench, and trenches can be improved through researching Trench Warfare. Players can also lay naval mines to protect their sea lanes or impede their opponent's movements. Reconnaissance Bombers play a critical role in spotting for the Artillery, just as they did historically.
Strategic Command: World War I offers three campaigns: 1914 Call to Arms, 1914 Triple Alliance (where Italy joins the Central Powers), and 1917 Fate of Nations. Players have the option to set friendly Majors to be AI-controlled, and this selection can be adjusted at any time during the game. The game also supports multiplayer gameplay via a PBEM++ (Play By Email) server, allowing players to challenge each other and seamlessly send and receive turns.
The game is played on a 20-mile per hex map, encompassing Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, and the Atlantic. This map has been specially modified for World War I, including the addition of important locations such as Ypres and Gallipoli. Victory in the game requires players to develop new military doctrines, improve their commanders' abilities, enhance the combat effectiveness of their units, and deploy new technologies like tanks and fighter aircraft.
Strategic Command: World War I offers an array of features to enhance gameplay. The Decision box can be minimized, allowing players to examine the map and assess the situation before responding to any decisions. Historical context and advice are provided for many of these decisions. The Enhanced Fog of War clearly shows the limits of units' spotting range, adding a strategic element to the game. The Dynamic Movement feature allows for more efficient planning of unit movements, as units can be de-selected and re-selected later if they have not used up all their Action Points. Naval Cruise enables swift movement of naval units over longer distances, while naval units can only be reinforced in stages, preventing instant repair after significant damage.
In summary, Strategic Command: World War I is a highly immersive and strategic game that allows players to relive the momentous conflict of World War I. With its upgraded engine, new unit types, and realistic gameplay mechanics, this game offers a unique and engaging experience for strategy enthusiasts. Whether it's through diplomacy, political intrigue, or military might, players will need to make strategic decisions to secure victory in this global conflict.
Strategic Command: World War I Key Features
- - Relive the epic conflict of World War I in Strategic Command: World War I, the newest chapter in the Strategic Command franchise.
- - Experience the opening shots of 1914 to the final offensives, covering all the main aspects and theatres of the war.
- - Mobilize your forces and develop new technologies and ways of waging war, from tanks to submarines, and aircraft carriers to aeroplanes.
- - Engage in diplomacy and political intrigue to undermine the enemy's will to resist.
- - Command the major powers of the war, including France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, the UK, the USA, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire.
- - Take part in historical events like the Russian Revolution, the Zimmermann Telegram, and Lawrence of Arabia's campaigns.
- - Engage in strategic ingenuity and force to answer crucial questions like capturing Paris in a sweeping advance or defeating the Central Powers through a naval blockade.
- - Play through three captivating campaigns: 1914 Call to Arms, 1914 Triple Alliance, and 1917 Fate of Nations.
- - Utilize new unit types, such as ANZACs, Colonial Corps, Mountain Corps, and Reconnaissance Bombers.
- - Lay naval mines to protect your sea lanes or impede your opponent's.
- - Improve trenches through researching Trench Warfare and develop new military doctrines.
- - Enjoy enhanced fog of war, dynamic movement, and naval cruise features for a more immersive and strategic gameplay experience.
- - Experience the first hex-based World War I game from Strategic Command.
- - Immerse yourself in the immense contributions of various countries and their war efforts, including Belgium, Greece, Portugal, and Romania.
- - Developed by Fury Software and published by Slitherine Ltd., Strategic Command: World War I is a highly anticipated strategy game set to release on December 5, 2019.
Strategic Command: World War I Gameplay
- Strategic Command: World War I - Empires in Turmoil
Download Links for Strategic Command: World War I
System Requirements for Strategic Command: World War I
The minimum system requirements for Strategic Command: World War I are as follows: the game is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, but not with Windows XP. To run the game smoothly, a processor with a speed of at least 1.5GHz or its equivalent is required. It is important to note that running the game in higher resolutions would require a more powerful processor. Additionally, a minimum of 4GB of RAM is necessary for the game to run properly. The graphics card should have at least 8MB of video memory, and the system should have DirectX version 9.0c installed. The game requires 2GB of available storage space, and a DirectX-compatible sound card is also necessary for audio support.Minimum:
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (Windows XP is not supported)
- Processor: 1.5 GHZ Processor or Equivalent (Running the game in higher resolution requires more processing power.)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 8MB video memory
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
How to Download Strategic Command: World War I PC Game
1. Extract Release
2. Launch The Game